Due to COVID-19 we are taking proactice measures to help do our part as an organization to minimize the spread of this virus. Emails have been sent to all registered for the 2020 spring season to explain the measures we are taking.
Instructions were sent to all 2020 regisered players.
Please have uniforms returned by Thursday, May 14th.
CoronaVirus Cancellations/Closures are posted in red
Now that registration has closed and the
spring season is right around the corner...
Here are some Key Dates to keep in mind:
*Tuesday 3/10 6-8pm- Jr and Sr Uniform Distribution Meeting Room at Greenwood Center. Bring a check (not cash) for deposit made out to LGLA for $25 *NOTE: This is NOT for Bantams - their date is later see below*
Coaching Clinic #2 - 7pm at Arbors in EL
*Thursday 3/19 7-8:30pm - Bantam Parent Meeting and Uniform Distribution at the Community House. Bring a check (not cash) for deposit made out to LGLA for $25
*Sunday 3/22/20: Group Clinic #1 at Sports World, East Windsor, CT. Times as follows: Seniors(7/8) Noon-2PM, Juniors (5/6) 2:15-4:15PM, Bantams (3/4) 4:30-5:45PM Your daughter should wear her LGLA uniform top to this clinic and should be prepared to play lacrosse.
Thursday 3/27 - 4/5 Longmeadow Girls Lacrosse Apparel Store OPENS!!! It is only open for the dates provided. Get all of your Longmeadow apparel here and it ships right to your house with in 2 weeks!! Sweatshirts, sweatpants, jackets, t-shirts, bags, hats… You name it - we got it!
Sunday 3/29 Group Clinic #2 and Mandatory Evaluation (grades 5-8) at Sports World, East Windsor, CT. Times as follows: Seniors(7/8) Noon-2PM, Juniors (5/6) 2:15-4:15PM, Bantams (3/4) 4:30-5:45PM Your daughter should wear her LGLA uniform top to this clinic and should be prepared to play lacrosse.
Sunday 4/5. Evaluation Make Up Date
Week of 4/1 - 4/3/20 Teams will be formed and players will be notified shortly after by their coaches.
Week of 4/6 - 4/10/20Outdoor practice will probably start - weather and field conditions permitting. Field info will follow.
Week of 4/27 - Possible start date of the season TBD
Saturday, 5/16/20 Longmeadow Girls Lacrosse Jamboree at LHS!! Look for more info to come! LOTS of Volunteers needed….
Week of 6/8 - Wrap up youth lacrosse season
You should have already received all of this information in an email...
For questions email Coach "Z" at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to *much needed* field renovations at Wolf Swamp - we are so excited to announce the NEW location of this year's annual jamboree!! Right in the heart of downtown Longmeadow and there will be plenty of parking!
Email Josh Rice at email@example.com for more information!
The Longmeadow Girls Lacrosse Association's philosophy is to expose young girls to great game of lacrosse! We want them to develop a love for the game that will carry them through all their years! We will teach them a foundation of skills they will build on each year they play. We do this through by evenly balancing our youth team rosters from grades 3-8. We don't tier teams, create A/B teams, or any of the other popular terms common to the youth sports landscape. We provide opportunities for all of our players to play in many different settings.
New for 2019
First, our game schedule will start in early to mid April, sooner than in past years.
Second. LHS Coach Steve Dudeck and LHS Girls Varsity Players will run short sided "Play Days" during the month of May. No need to sign up and no extra charge. Details TBA as we get closer.
Third, this year we will include a registration question for optional participation on LGLA tournament teams. We don't need a definite commitment, but we do need a commitment of interest. There may be some travel involved but tourney details and dates will not be available at the time of registration. Some tournaments will be competitive and others will be a jamboree format. Each will provide opportunities to play new faces, new towns and to improve as lacrosse players and people. We will establish rosters appropriate for each tournament.
Longmeadow Girls' Lacrosse - What to expect:
1. To participate in one of Longmeadow’s most popular youth athletic programs. For players of all skill levels in grades 3 thru 8. We offer 3 divisions: Bantams (grades 3-4), Juniors (grades 5-6), and Seniors (grades 7-8). See more about the divisions below.
2. An organization, Longmeadow Girls' Lacrosse Association (LGLA) provides an athletic program that promotes a positive and well-balanced coaching philosophy. It emphasizes sportsmanship, respect for themselves and others, and fair play all while teaching valuable life skills in a fun, safe, supportive, and instructional environment.
3. A board of volunteers that are dedicated to development of girls lacrosse in Longmeadow and Western MA and CT. We are always looking for new members and volunteers - let us know if you are interested in getting involved!
4. A season that starts in early March with a few indoor events and ends no later than June 3. Our home fields have traditionally been Wolf Swamp fields and Glenbrook Middle School, and in surrounding communities. With the renovation of Wolf Swamp fields, our Spring 2020 and 2021 seasons we will be working closely with the other youth sport organizations in town to locate a temporary place to practice and play games!
5. Coaches that aren't experts BUT are willing, excited, and motivated to coach, lead, and inspire your daughters to want to play lacrosse! We are always looking for parent volunteers to help coach in our program - NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY - we'll teach you all you need to know at our pre-season coaching clinics. Let any of us board members know if you are willing to coach with us!!
6. Most importantly, it does not matter if your daughter has ever played the game, we want everyone to be exposed to this awesome game and for the girls to have fun and devlop a love for a sport that they will carry with them for the rest of their life!
Bantam Division (3rd & 4th Grade)
The Bantam players will be placed on teams with an even mix of 3rd and 4th graders.
The Bantam program will have a strong focus on instructional lacrosse and drills that emphasize skill development and FUN.
We do not keep score and there are no standings.
A typical week will include 3-4 lacrosse events.
An event is either a game or practice.
Specific practice and game times have not yet been established and will vary.
There will be both in-town games and games against other area towns.
Junior and Senior teams are established through a draft.
Teams are all mixed grade and evenly balanced as mandated by our league and LGLA.
Strong focus on skill development, knowledge of the game, and fun. All participants welcome!
We do not keep score and there are no standings.
Typical week will include 3-4 lacrosse events. An event is eithere a practice or a game.
Specific practice and game times are not established and will vary based on the avialability of our volunteer coaches.
There will be in-town and games against other area towns.
We are an organization that is run by volunteers and we are lucky to have a great volunteer coaching staff. We encourage parents to volunteer as coaches and as assistant coaches. Experienced coaches will help you learn all you need to know about the game in our pre-season coaching clinics and are available throughout the season to mentor as needed. Starting at the Bantam level is ideal as this is when everyone is developing their lacrosse knowledge together. Please reach out to any board member if you are interested in joining our volunteer coaching staff!!
WEBSITE or TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
Contact League Athletics at 877-932-6747
8:30 - 18:00 ET, M-F
9:00 - 12:00 ET, Sat
LGLA MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Longmeadow Girls Lacrosse Association is to provide an organized and structured athletic program that promotes a positive, well-balanced coaching philosophy, emphasizing sportsmanship and fair play while building self-esteem and teaching valuable life skills in a safe, supportive, instructional environment. The objective of the Longmeadow Girls Lacrosse Association is for all participants to learn to play lacrosse with emphasis on fun and personal development through self-discipline, physical fitness and respect for themselves, teammates, opponents, referees, and their coaches.